[OzzModz] TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo

[OzzModz] TMDb TV Thread Starter for XenForo [Paid] 2.2.2

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Actually , you were never allowed to do both, only one or the other. So at some point you must have done a template edit to get it to show like that.

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
ok got it. Thanks.

Call me thick, but for the life of me I can't create anything that works on seasons. For example, I have several forums dedicated to specific series (see image below):

1565187692416.png

In each of those forums I want to add the seasons for each of the relevant shows, but all I get is:

1565187741411.png

So I post a new TV show, Star Trek TOS, which creates the TV show but I can't create seasons.

These are the add-on settings:

1565187817979.png

1565187846962.png

My permissions are all in place:

1565187901315.png

There are no instructions or guides that I can see (and I've searched the forums) on how to set up seasons. Any help would be most appreciated as I only want people to add and discuss episodes.

Using XF 2.1.3 and add-on version 2.1.3

:)

Get rid of the Forums you have selected. In other words, totally delete them.

Then create a category called something like "Entertainment" and MOVE the "Star Trek TV Series" category into that new category.

Then you should be able to add TV shows to the category "Star Trek TV Series" when you select the category.

tvshow.png

That will give you this type of display...
https://snogssite.com/categories/my-favorite-tv-shows.60/
EDIT: If that's not what you want, you would create a FORUM called "Star Trek TV Series", select it in the "Forums for TV threads" option and add each series to that forum. Just be sure to forbid anyone from creating a new thread in that forum since they can add any type of TV show to it if they can.

OK have done what you said and now I get this:

1565196056669.png

Strangely enough when I escape from the error and refresh the page a forum appears but nothing can be added in terms of seasons or even episodes:

1565196756126.png

Either one would work.
Delete that forum because it's not recorded as usable by the TV system.

Did you upload the latest version of the add-on to your site and run the upgrade for the add-on?

That field (tv_poster) shouldn't be missing. It was added in version 2.1.1
Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

Yeah have deleted that forum - others were created when I tried different TMDB links, all deleted.

This is a fresh install of the latest XF platform and the latest TV add-on. Should I try uploading again?

In the add-on options do both of the categories need to be highlighted as I have them both highlighted?

Also, in the add-on folder was a zipped file named 'do not upload' - however I unzipped it an uploaded the content as it was related to TV episodes; maybe that was my bad, but if it wasn't meant to be used I gathered that it would not have been included lol.

You didn't need to upload the contents of the "DO NOT UPLOAD" folder. It isn't needed for new installs, only for some upgrades and it's optional for those. You can uninstall that particular add-on.

This is a bug that Ozzy will need to take care of. New installs don't have the "tv_poster" field in them.

The install portion for that should look like this..
Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

But YOU can fix the problem on your system using PHPMyAdmin by adding the field to the xf_snog_tv_forum table so it looks like this:

tv_posteradd.png

Note that this is something that would only affect people using the system as I posted instructions for. And not many do use it like that from a fresh install.

Sorted - I deleted the 'do not upload' lol - added the field as described and it works fine now. Thank you, muchly, I can now go create the series.

Another wee small snag - when deleting a posted episode in a season, I get this:

1565291206326.png

However, going back and deleting again, does not bring up this error. Any ideas?

How do I get it to show display seasons? Does this have to be done manually (as in creating a subforum)

Ozzy47 Ozzy47 (Sorry for not responding sooner, but I am not getting any email from these forums.)

I just noticed in your example forums you had subforums for the episodes. I thought that might need an extra setting or something

Back