The Last Samurai

5.00 star(s)
5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Last Samurai

Tagline: In the face of an enemy, in the Heart of One Man, Lies the Soul of a Warrior.

Genre: Drama, Action, War, History

Director: Edward Zwick

Cast: Tom Cruise, Ken Watanabe, William Atherton, Chad Lindberg, Billy Connolly, Tony Goldwyn, Shichinosuke Nakamura, Koyuki, Timothy Spall, Togo Igawa, Scott Wilson, Shun Sugata, Shin Koyamada, Hiroyuki Sanada, Masato Harada, Masashi Odate, John Koyama, Satoshi Nikaido, Shintaro Wada, Sosuke Ikematsu, Aoi Minato, Shoji Yoshihara, Seizô Fukumoto, Ray Godshall Sr., Kosaburo Nomura IV, Takashi Noguchi, Noguchi Takayuki, Sven Toorvald, Yuki Matsuzaki, Mitsuyuki Oishi, Jiro Wada, Hiroshi Watanabe, Yusuke Myochin, Hiroaki Amano, Kenta Daibo, Koji Fujii, Makoto Hashiba, Shimpei Horinouchi, Takashi Kora, Shane Kosugi, Takeshi Maya, Seiji Morita, Lee Murayama, Takeru Shimizu, Shinji Suzuki, Hisao Takeda, Ryoichiro Yonekura

Release: 2003-12-05

Runtime: 154

Plot: Nathan Algren is an American hired to instruct the Japanese army in the ways of modern warfare -- in this lush epic set in the 1870s, which finds Algren learning to respect the samurai and the honorable principles that rule them. Pressed to destroy the samurai's way of life in the name of modernization and open trade, Algren decides to become an ultimate warrior himself and to fight for their right to exist.

Where to watch

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
Has anyone seen this one yet as it does look good from what I am reading but I don't want to wast my time by getting it only to find out it is no good.

The movie looks familiar to me and I swear I've seen it, but it must not have been anything special because I honestly can't remember anything about it that might have left an impression on me.

Then I will just wait for it to hit our SAT TV so if it is a bust then I would have not wasted anything on it.

Well I ended up watching this one and thought it was outstanding