Wanted: Large Site for Testing Purposes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snog

Retired Administrator
Validated XF Owner
I am in need of a large site for testing some problems with an add-on.

When I say large site, I mean a site with over 5,000,000 posts and over 500,000 members.

If anyone has a site that meets the criteria and is willing to supply a clone of their site for testing purposes, please contact me by PC.

You just made me feel inadequate in just about every way :( :D

Sorry, but inadequate wouldn't even come close.. :D

I know there are quite a few members here with sites that meet the criteria. It's just a matter of if they are willing to send me a clone of their site. Unfortunately the one that is having the problem can't send me a clone.

I cannot even imagine what work must go into running a site that size.

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
The person who are having problems should provide an easy way to do the tests.
I'm not even a member of a board like that. awesome numbers.

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
I agree, but it's not always possible.

I may end up artificially creating a big board to test with, but it's not the same thing as having an actual test site with real data to work with.

How about this:
Create a test board -> create a script to open 500K accounts from the ACP (usernames are just numbers 1 until 500.000), same password.
-> once you have your users, create a script to make each user post 10 messages in a single thread (500.000 x 10 = 5.000.000)
Enjoy your Big Test Board :cool:

I already thought about that, but a single thread probably wouldn't work for the problem.

I think I'm just going to double or triple import an existing site to meet the criteria.

My request has been filled, and I'm waiting on confirmation that the fix for the add-on works on the site that reported it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back