[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.4 Beta 6

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Hello, I am running into fixed "Array to string conversion" error when using datetime conditional question issue, which I see was fixed in Beta 1. Is it recommended to use the latest beta or will this get backported in stable release?

Edit: Tried in dev environment and beta 5 worked, so gave things a whirl in prod. Getting this now on form load for the form that originally had the string issue: snog_forms_form_is_not_active

Edit edit: looks like if you specify a form close date, you'll see the snog_forms_form_is_not_active error, regardless of what date is entered; so potentially a bug in Beta 5.

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content

Not at this time, but if you're interested, this may be an integration you can sponsor. Ultimately that's up to Ozzy/Painbaker if they're willing to do the work, but it doesn't hurt to at least express an interest in sponsoring it.

In the next major version, could we rework the validation portion? Currently it's only "does it have content or not," but some additional configuration may be good:
  • Minimum word/letter length
  • Maximum word/letter length
  • Minimum/Maximum numeric input
  • Must select at least X options (checkbox group)
  • Must select all options (checkbox group - useful for when requiring a user to agree to terms)
  • Must not select more than X options (checkbox group)
Also, standardizing the appearance and options to match the Custom Thread Fields menu may be good. For instance, if you want to accept a number in a custom thread field, you choose a text field and add a Number validator, but in Forms it's its own field type.

Standardizing would allow some degree of reuse of the built-in components, and custom fields could be registered as either custom field types or custom validators, as appropriate.

The other benefit is that if we were to register custom field types with a third party plugin, they should (hopefully) be able to work with the Forms app out of the box without needing to add a custom integration for this plugin. I imagine XenForo has some sort of registry that allows callers to get a list of the field types and their available validations, but this is an educated guess more than actual knowledge.

Is anyone using the "Default Questions" feature of this plugin? If so, how are you using it?

I have a whitelisting form for a Minecraft server. Once someone applies, I want to prevent them from filing application. If they are denied, this restriction should be removed.

To set this up, I have two roles: whitelisted and whitelist applicant. Both roles are configured under "user is NOT a member of any of the selected groups":

1718230303718.png

Under Instant Promote, I have it grant them the Whitelist Applicant role, and under Decision or Poll Promote, I have them being granted the Whitelisted role and it's set to reverse the instant promote.

This means in practice that once they submit an application, they have the Whitelist Applicant role and are thus restricted from filling out the form again. If they are denied, they simply lose the Whitelist Applicant role and are allowed to apply again. If they are approved, they lose the Whitelist Applicant role and gain the Whitelisted role, which also prevents them from filling out another application.

Is there a simpler way to accomplish this or am I doing the right thing here.

Hi there Ozzy47 Ozzy47 ,

sorry if I missed something, but the automatic promotions are no longer working for us (version 2.2.4 Beta 6 on XF 2.2.15):

Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

and

Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code

Thanks!

Back