Scheduled Downtime

Ozzy47

Administrator
Validated XF Owner
Tomorrow the site will be down for several hours while it is prepped and transferred to the new server.

No worries, it will be back up and still in it’s current state.

Site is moved to the new server. There still is some propagation going on so please be patient.

Well it is now more than 24 hours later since the site was moved and for the first time I now see it.

We just also moved my site a few days back and within a few hours it was back up and running and that was a large site to move.

I have no explanation as to why the propagation is taking so long.

As of this morning I was still not able to connect to the site from my home IP.

Some things are just beyond any control we as admins have. :(

Yeah as was mentioned above it used to be almost in minutes before but things are changing these days. I suppose I was lucky in getting the short one when I moved :D

No problems here with my phone on mobile provider network, but from WiFi using home IP the connection is still refused, all devices. I suspect there's some kind of security lockout at the server level.

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
Ozzy47 Ozzy47 - For me, this has been sorted. I texted the host and he checked everything out. I wound up additionally having to flush the DNS cache on my older computer however. But the host fixed the other issues I was having, where I could not access using mobile device on home wi-fi. Everything should be Joy now.

I’ll see when I get home, but I know flushing the DNS won’t do me any good, I had done it three times already.

Ozzy47 Ozzy47 , Have you taken over the site and Mods from Snog?

Yes, Snog stepped down to enjoy retirement, and I stepped up to support his addons to keep them alive for the community.

Thanks for the link. Can't believe I missed that.

Good for him. I didn't realize he was that close to retirement. I missed a few opportunities to meet him when he comes to the east side of PA. His family and my family are just a few miles apart.

Thanks for continuing with his add-ons. Will you be helping with the custom ones too?

Possibly. I was unaware you had one. If you could, can you PC me the addon so I have it on my dev site, in case something needs to be fixed with it?

Send it over when I get home tonight. Thx!

Back