[OzzModz] Login Spaminator

[OzzModz] Login Spaminator [Paid] 2.3.0

No permission to buy ($30.00)
You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
I could not duplicate this in any way on any browser I tried. Possibble you might have had the addon in Test mode?

xiledlogin.jpg

Thanks, I reengaged the add-on and it worked. I am wondering there was a cache residue that made that happen. So please delete my bug report. Also, you have also mods here.

This protects the login form only. Stopping brute force attacks and any other automated attempts to log in.

I could not duplicate this in any way on any browser I tried. Possible you might have had the addon in Test mode?

xiledlogin.jpg

This has happened again. Theme House updated their theme again. This time cleared browsing history, disabled, reenabled, uninstalled, and then reinstalled the add-on and no such luck. Just to eliminate the Test mode, I activated it then deactivated it. Nothing seems to work.

Also on 2.2.3 XenForo and Theme House styles 2.2.2.0.0 (I believe)

I really despise TH styles. They (as well as all style designers) are allowed to manipulate the templates beyond recognition, but us addon developers are not allowed to make such changes.

It’s going to be up to them to re insert the .formRow.formRow--limited css that is in the default XF code.

Thanks, I tested it on the default style and it worked. When I shifted to themehouse style, it broke. So for future reference, I will test it this way first. Then if it happens in both, then I will contact you.

To be clear, when style designers take away what we hook to in a template it affects not only us but ALL add-on creators who want to use that hook. We understand that sometimes to accomplish what they want from a design standpoint, they would rather replace entire templates, but that causes issues and conflicts with add-ons. Add-on creators aren't allowed to replace entire templates, for this very reason. Style designers get a lot more leeway in that regard. It's nobody's fault and nobody's doing anything wrong necessarily.

Well, they will have to come up with a solution to resolve this issue. As I have confirmed that the issues resides in their styles. Security will always take precedence over everything else.

You are wise.

We find that we hardly ever see any such issues with PixelExit styles for example, but see it all the time with TH. And Russ is highly responsive to any such issue. Just to note.

For the recent Theme House issue add to style template Extra.less:

.formRow.formRow--limited {display: none !important;}

Hi, I have installed the Spaminator and it seems to work ok. The only issue is that the form still has Verification (Required) N/A.

How can I remove that? One of the main reasons to have this addon instead of captcha etc was to simplify the form. Best Wishes

Ahh, I see now thanks. It will probably come in handy as well. I will order the registration Smaninator now! :)

Back