This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

[OzzModz] Registration Spaminator [Paid] 2.2.0

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Both have thorough descriptions and explanations. It's up to the customer to decide which is better for his/her site.

Xon's great. He'll take good care of you.

So both addons and prevent spam signups ?

Our add-on stops AUTOMATED REGISTRATION and ONLY automated registration. It does NOTHING to prevent or interfere with HUMAN registration.

Hello! Just wanted to say thanks very much for the great addon, it hasn't even been installed 24 hours yet and it's already prevented nearly 100 automated registrations. I was getting heartily sick of spam registrations which is increasing year on year (my forum has been up and running four years now). Brilliant!

Be sure to give us a killer review over at the xf page for this add-on. Very glad you're loving it!

heartily sick of spam registrations which is increasing year on year (my forum has been up and running four years now).
And I bet you have tried everything under the sun to fight the bastards. Welcome to the winning side of the fight!

Haha yea, I think what swung it in the end was the photo on post #110 "I love the smell of burnt bots in the morning"
WARNING: Checking the burnt bot log can be addictive! Use with caution!

Burnt Bot Log sent to me by a customer a couple of days ago. Installed around Christmastime. Catching every single one at a big busy board.

He's catching 914 of the buggers a day, average.

Same customer, the Login Spaminator Log:

He's catching 1,458 per day on average, bots attempting to log into his site. And this is typical, we find that the login spaminator catches more bots then the register spaminator.

IS there an easy way of moving the link to the Moderator dropdown instead of the Forums tab, not a problem if there isn't

No, that would require custom development, or editing the templates directly.

IS there an easy way of moving the link to the Moderator dropdown instead of the Forums tab, not a problem if there isn't
You can add the link to the moderator drop-down yourself, then just disable the one in the forums tab, in your nav settings. There's no need to edit this plugin in any way, to accomplish what you're looking for.

In the PAGE_CONTAINER template, on line 105 right under:
<!--[XF:mod_tools_menu:bottom]-->
Add:
Code:
You must validate your XenForo license to see code
To wind up looking something like this:

Keep in mind you will need to edit the PAGE_CONTAINER template as described, for each style you are using.

Thank you. I was having this same problem.

In the first 24 hours following installation, Registration Spaminator blocked more than 170 spam attempts. Pretty impressive. The result is that I don't have spammers continually in the Moderation queue. In fact there have been none.

Meanwhile, the Contact Us Spaminator blocked 6 incoming spam messages during that same time.

Please be sure to give us a killer review and a 5 star rating at the thread for this at the xf site! Glad to hear it's made your life better.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…