[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address

[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address 2.2.1 Patch Level 3

No permission to download
Ozzy47 Ozzy47 is it possible ton hide the flag for an individual user or by usergroup?

You must validate your XenForo license to see quoted content
Hmm. I only want to Allow certain users to do this, is it possible?

No, all users are allowed to set their privacy options. It would be a privacy violation to not allow them to hide that info if they desired.

It's only a flag i didn't think it would be much of a violation. Thanks for replying :)

You can disable that globally by unticking the option "Permit members to hide flag" inn the addon options.

One of the best add-ons gone just like that. I hope someone makes an updated one
This is GDPR crap is just ridiculous. Protects the scammers and spammers.

Yes, I am not happy about this either. It actually kinda makes me not want any addons that deal with third party sites anymore.

For those interested:

The update of the MaxMind database is controlled by a cron, “ Update MaxMind GeoIP database file”

Disabling that should ensure the addon continues to work as is in its current state.

FWIW, I'd definitely be willing to pay for this mod if you decide to re-write so it can stay updated.

I'm thinking it will probably get updated, stay tuned. For folks who already have it, nothing's changed. It's merely deleted for new folks until the issue is resolved. Ozzy will make his decision on what to do with it.

Looks like AndyB has recently released a flag add-on to fill the void. I already have a few of his add-ons so its not going to cost me anything but I hope this add-on get updated soon.

If you are already running the addon, you can continue to do so for the foreseeable future. The changes they made were only to downloading the DB.

Since there are no more IP DB updates the chance of the IP info being wrong is much greater now from what I understand. It that somewhat correct?

Back